Fluorite, Colors of the Rainbow start today at the TCC | News
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now)- In just a few hours, visitors can start Valentine's Day off right by checking out the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show.
The world famous showcase kicks off its weekend at the Tucson Convention Center later this morning.
The show's theme ‘Fluorite, Colors of the Rainbow'.
Fluorite comes in yellow, red, blue, purple and everything in between. Two of the headlines this year
‘Derbyshire Blue John', very rare and ornate pieces carved from fluorite. And what is called the Maharaja Indore necklace, diamonds and emeralds on loan from the Smithsonian Institute.
There will be 250 vendors from all over the world, with hours from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. today through the weekend. They close at 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Tickets to attend the event are $10.
Only four days to get down to the TCC and check out the beautiful gems and minerals.
Copyright 2013 Tucson News Now All rights reserved.
Top South Tucson Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cox Communications helps Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona
- Head to Pima County’s newest BMX track for free racing
- Register now for the next session of Pima County leisure classes
- El Dia de San Juan Fiesta celebrates its 16th anniversary
- Road closing for utility work in southeast side neighborhood