Construction on 22nd Street project postponed | News
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now)- Construction at 18th and Park Avenue was supposed to start this morning, but it has been postponed for a couple days. The construction work is on hold while crews wait on materials.
Once the construction work is a go, Park Avenue will have intermittent lane restrictions between 7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Construction crews will be doing some underground utility work as part of the reconstruction of 22nd and Kino Parkway.
The $2.1 billion voter approved RTA project will add two continuous lanes of traffic in each direction by elevating Kino Parkway over 22nd Street.
On and off ramps will have one left turn and one right turn lane for drivers wishing to enter and exit Kino Parkway. 22nd Street will be widened to provide three through lanes in each direction, exclusive right turn lanes, and dual left turn lanes.
Both roads will have bike lanes and a landscaped center median separating the traffic lanes.
Good news about the closure at Park Avenue and 18th is it will last only three weeks.
The road closure and any intermittent lane restrictions will be removed each day at the end of the shift
Copyright 2012 Tucson News Now All rights reserved.
Top South Tucson Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Marana swim program to get a helping hand from Foothills Optimist Club
- Holiday activity advisory from Coronado National Forest officials
- Church offers series on Christian holiness and human sexuality
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse hosting a ‘glitzy’ Great Gatsby-inspired event
- AZ Game and Fish meetings for public comment on licensing structures