Developing downtown for the future | News
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now)- The City of Tucson is planning how to flip empty parts of Downtown into a thriving community. The city is talking about the Modern Streetcar as a major artery, bringing life to the properties it passes.
The major question is how do businesses, the City and neighbors want to make it thrive?
City officials say this is the first of many community meetings happening this year.
It is about setting the stage, looking at what has been done so far, where the city is going in the future, and how it should get there.
The City says there are a lot of vacant lots downtown or as officials phrased it, a 'lot' of opportunities.
What needs to happen to bring resources and incentives to develop those areas?
These are some of the questions that will start the process of getting answers at the meeting this evening.
The meeting will be at the Sentinel Building that is on Commerce Park Loop, near I-10 and St. Mary's.
City officials say this is just the first step. Lots of history, lots of plans are still unfolding. This will hopefully be what brings it all together.
Copyright 2012 Tucson News Now All rights reserved
Upcoming Events near South Tucson
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Long time Winterhaven family hosting free concert for festival goers
- Mark Kelly named Director of Flight Crew Operations for World View Enterprises’
- TUSD vote unanimous, Wrightstown sold to private developer
- Two U of A College of Medicine – Phoenix faculty named Fellows of the National Academy of Inventors
- Team Up For Tucson holding annual toy drive & car show this weekend