Gospel Rescue Mission serving holiday meal | News
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now)- Even though tomorrow is Thanksgiving, today could be called Turkey Day too. The Gospel Rescue Mission is holding its Thanksgiving banquet today.
The Great Thanksgiving banquet will be served from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., over 3,000 people are expected at the mission.
Men, women, children, all who do not have anywhere else to get a meal this year.
The Gospel Mission wants to make it welcoming, pleasant place to have their holiday meal. All the food and fixings anyone could want on Thanksgiving.
It's a bit like a block party, with tables on the street and live music.
The Gospel Mission told Tucson News Now that they could not do this without the help of volunteers. 500 people helped with prep yesterday and many are back to serve the meal today. All of it with food that has been donated over the last few weeks.
Stay with Tucson News Now as we head inside and see just how the preparations are going.
Copyright 2012 Tucson News Now All rights reserved.
Top South Tucson Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Marana swim program to get a helping hand from Foothills Optimist Club
- Holiday activity advisory from Coronado National Forest officials
- Church offers series on Christian holiness and human sexuality
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse hosting a ‘glitzy’ Great Gatsby-inspired event
- AZ Game and Fish meetings for public comment on licensing structures