Danish soccer comes to Tucson in January | News
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now)- Tucson's soccer scene is going European next year. A national team is set to play in the Old Pueblo in January.
The Danish National Team will be coming to Tucson and playing an exhibition game here in January.
That match will be Saturday, January 26, at the Kino Sports Complex. The team who will be playing the Danish will be announced later this morning.
FC Tucson announced several weeks ago that five major league soccer teams would be training and playing preseason matches here.
There will be a total of nine teams coming to Tucson early next year, making Tucson the MLS's western hub for spring training.
Officials from the City, County and Visitors Bureau will be making the official announcement later this morning at the FC Tucson offices downtown.
Stay with Tucson News Now as we bring you updates.
Copyright 2012 Tucson News Now All rights reserved.
Top South Tucson Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cox Communications helps Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona
- Head to Pima County’s newest BMX track for free racing
- Register now for the next session of Pima County leisure classes
- El Dia de San Juan Fiesta celebrates its 16th anniversary
- Road closing for utility work in southeast side neighborhood