Rural/Metro responds quickly to morning fire | News
Residents of a mobile home near the 4400 Block of East Benson Highway are lucky to have Rural/Metro respond so quickly-they live across the street from Rural/Metro Station #71.
Early this morning crews responded to the call and arrived quickly on scene. Once there crews found the mobile home with smoke and flames coming out of the structure, those first on scene took the ‘fast attack’ approach to put the fire out. Inside the home firefighters discovered the fire had started in a closet, but on account of the timely response there were no injuries to report and damage was kept to a minimum.
An investigation into the exact cause of the fire is ongoing. The Red Cross was called by the scene commander and is currently working with the home owner.
Upcoming Events near South Tucson
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- '13 Gives Back' with turkey drive this morning
- Former TPD officer Benjamin Gaballa back in court today
- Long time Winterhaven family hosting free concert for festival goers
- Mark Kelly named Director of Flight Crew Operations for World View Enterprises’
- TUSD vote unanimous, Wrightstown sold to private developer