Arizona DPS to get award from U.S. Secret Service | News
The Arizona Department of Public Safety will be receiving two certificates from the U.S. Secret Service on May 14, in honor of the protection services they have provided for the President and other high political figures.
The two certificates are for the protection the DPS has assisted the Secret Service with when the President was in Arizona and when other political leaders have visited the state.
One is for DPS' continued support they offer the U.S. Secret Service and the second is for the motor officers, lead by Captain Burley Copeland, and the assistance they have provided to the President's motorcades over the years.
Colonel Robert Halliday will be accepting the certificates, that have been signed by the Director of the Secret Service, Mark Sullivan, and presented by the Special Agent in Charge of the Phoenix Field Office, Kevin Rice.
DPS is thankful for the recognition from the USSS and takes pride in the service they provide to other police agencies throughout this country.
Top South Tucson Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cox Communications helps Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona
- Head to Pima County’s newest BMX track for free racing
- Register now for the next session of Pima County leisure classes
- El Dia de San Juan Fiesta celebrates its 16th anniversary
- Road closing for utility work in southeast side neighborhood