South Tucson hosting first annual peace and safety fair tomorrow | Events
The City of South Tucson is addressing the issue of gun violence and safety in the community by hosting a ‘Healthy Habits Community Wide Peace and Safety Fair’.
This event will emphasize peace and safety with CPR classes, personal safety and self defense classes, as well as child fingerprinting, gun safety and nutrition.
Free games, food and music will also be available for the whole family.
WHEN: July 25, from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
WHERE: John Valenzuela Youth Center (1550 S. 6th Ave. South Tucson, 85713)
Local groups that will be participating are:
- South Tucson Police Department
- HOPE Inc.
- Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America
- Tucson Community Against Gun Violence
- Compass Behavioral Health
- La Frontera
- Pima County Attorney’s Office-CARGO Unit
- Primavera Foundation
- Community Justice Board
- and many more Social Service agencies