Free clinics to get ‘Back to School’ ready in July & August | Events
In a new partnership designed to help Tucson families, El Rio Community Health Center and the Pima County Health Department are co-sponsoring four back to school immunization events at Boys & Girls Clubs locations throughout Tucson.
The events are designed for kids, ages 5-18, to get their required shots for the 2013-2014 school year. Families who have no health insurance are encouraged to attend. Their children will be vaccinated for free. If the family has health insurance coverage they need to bring their insurance cards (AHCCCS-KidsCare or private insurance) for billing.
El Rio’s dental team will also be offering free screenings and fluoride varnish treatments, while the Lions Club is providing free vision screening to all school-age children. Tucson Medical Center will be offering a limited number of free booster seats to qualified families. AHCCCS providers and the Pima Community Access Program (PCAP) will be on site providing information about how to apply for services for those families who may qualify and currently have no medical coverage.
The events will be hosted at several Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson locations. The committee has expanded services this year to include Tucson’s west side.
A total of four immunization clinics will be offered, at the following dates and times:
- July 18, from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Steve Daru Clubhouse (1375 N. El Rio Drive, 85745)
- July 25, from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Jim & Vicki Click Clubhouse (1935 S. Columbus Blvd., 85712)
- July 27, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Holmes Tuttle Clubhouse (2585 E. 36th Street, 85713)
- August 3, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Roy Drachman Clubhouse (5901 S. Santa Clara Road, 85706)
The legal parent or guardian must be present. Children should bring their shot records and insurance cards if they have insurance. Call 520-243-7736 or visit www.elriofoundation.org or www.pimahealth.org for more information.
Upcoming Events near South Tucson
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- '13 Gives Back' with turkey drive this morning
- Former TPD officer Benjamin Gaballa back in court today
- Long time Winterhaven family hosting free concert for festival goers
- Mark Kelly named Director of Flight Crew Operations for World View Enterprises’
- TUSD vote unanimous, Wrightstown sold to private developer