Christina-Taylor Green Memorial Foundation to present grants tomorrow | Community Spirit
The Christina-Taylor Green Memorial Foundation will begin awarding grants to sixteen southern Arizona non-profit organizations tomorrow.
Awards will be presented to the following sixteen organizations:
- Boys & Girls Club of Tucson;
- Studio Connections;
- P.A.W.S. Professional Association of Women’s Service Assistance League of Tucson;
- St. Marks United Methodist Church;
- Amphi Future Farmers;
- Interfaith Community Services;
- Arts Express;
- Mesa Verde Elementary School;
- Make Way for Books/Early Literacy Center for Southern Arizona;
- Francies Owen Holaway Elementary School;
- Girl Scouts of Southern Arizona;
- Team Up for Tucson;
- Community Partnership of Southern Arizona;
- Youth on Their Own;
- Cross Middle School;
- Walter Douglas Elementary School.
The presentation will be held at James D. Kriegh Park, in front of the statue recently dedicated to Christina-Taylor Green, Freedom’s Angel of Steadfast Love.
Presenting the grant checks will be John Green, co-founder of the Memorial Foundation and Christina’s father. There will be not only members from each non-profit there, but members of Memorial Foundation will be on hand as well.
For more information about the Christina-Taylor Green Memorial Foundation please visit http://christina-taylorgreen.org.
WHEN: September 14, at 10 a.m.
WHERE: James D Kriegh Park; Freedom’s Angel of Steadfast Love statue (near the baseball field), 23 W. Calle Concordia Oro Valley.
Upcoming Events near South Tucson
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Long time Winterhaven family hosting free concert for festival goers
- Mark Kelly named Director of Flight Crew Operations for World View Enterprises’
- TUSD vote unanimous, Wrightstown sold to private developer
- Two U of A College of Medicine – Phoenix faculty named Fellows of the National Academy of Inventors
- Team Up For Tucson holding annual toy drive & car show this weekend