Rodeo provides economic boon to local business | Business
The rodeo in town means big money for not only the city, but stores in the area are plenty busy too, especially those in charge of the food for the animals.
All the animals at the rodeo have to eat, so the rodeo means big business for stores like Arizona Feeds here on the southside, especially since the store is only five minutes away from the rodeo grounds and provides tons of food for the animals used in the rodeo.
From locals to visitors the store is busy. Store manager Renee Bidegain says they prepare in advance doubling their supplies for February, also doubling their sales.
Every year the store depends on the rodeo to bring in the big bucks. 2013 looks promising.
Bidegain says the store's been bustling with people since the rodeo kickoff over the weekend. People from Texas, Nevada, and Montana have stopped by.
Even other items in the store have been selling, like cowboy hats of course. The store says there is no better way to start the year.
Copyright 2013 Tucson News Now All rights reserved
Upcoming Events near South Tucson
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Aviation Support Equipment Technician 3rd Class Jeremy Reitz, Tucson native on board the USS Boxer
- Holiday greeting from Spc. James Devlin
- Pfc. Paul Longale, Tucson native participates in arctic training
- Holiday greeting from Sr. Airman Travis House
- Arizona soldiers, airmen compete in 'Minute to Win It' game