Tucson's 17th Annual Earth Day Festival | Arts & Culture
The 2011 Earth Day Festival is here! Check it out at Reid Park, April 16th from 9:00am to 2:00pm.
The festival includes environmentally themed exhibits, music, performances, and food vendors. Admission is free, so why not go?
If your feeling like an animal join the parade! Dress up and participate in the "All Species Procession" as part of the Earth Day Parade! Make a banner telling everyone why your animal is so important to our planet earth. The parade begins at 10:00 and the winners will be announced at 11:30.
You can also check out the Solar Competition. Model solar electric cars and houses, designed and constructed by middle school students are real world engineering projects. Competition begins at 10:45 and awards will take place at 1:00.
Still can't think of something to do? Well check out all the Alternative Fuel Vehicles that will be on display. You can even ask the experts how you can start using an alternative fuel in your vehicle!You can also ride your bike to the zoo and get FREE admission by showing your safety helmet.
The Earth Day Festival offers something for everyone! So mark your calenders, April 16th 2011 from 9:00am to 2:00pm. I'll see you there!
Top South Tucson Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Holiday activity advisory from Coronado National Forest officials
- Church offers series on Christian holiness and human sexuality
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse hosting a ‘glitzy’ Great Gatsby-inspired event
- AZ Game and Fish meetings for public comment on licensing structures
- Two new battalion chiefs promoted in the Golder Ranch Fire District